Eliminate Rats For A Safe, Healthy Home
For some people, rats are the stuff of nightmares. With their sharp teeth, beady eyes, and long scaly tails, rats have long been associated with filth and disease. Given their role in the spread of the plague and other life-threatening diseases, this is no surprise. Historically, rats have been seen as troublesome, and sometimes dangerous, destructive pests. Not only do they opportunistically feed on human food, they can also contaminate food, cause property damage, and transmit sometimes deadly parasites and diseases to humans and animals alike.
Rats are survivors, easily able to thrive in a wide variety of climates and conditions. They live in gardens, severs, and open fields as well as in and around homes and other buildings. Rats are nocturnal creatures, and they are seldom seen skulking about in the light of day. They prefer to wreak their havoc under cover of darkness. However, there are still some reliable ways to determine if your home is harboring these dangerous rodent pests.
- Rat droppings around dog or cat dishes or near pet food storage areas, or near trash cans or recycling bins
- Scurrying, pattering, squeaking, or gnawing noises coming from your attic or even the inside of your walls after dark
- Evidence that something has been digging around in your yard, such as under your compost pile, beneath your garbage can, or under your garden shed or doghouse.
- Remnants of rats’ nests around firewood or behind boxes or in storage areas in your garage or utility shed
- Evidence of rodents feeding on fruit or nut trees or other food plants in your yard
- Actual rat sightings in your yard, on utility lines, or fence tops
It is especially important that you check your home for signs of rat activity if you have noticed the creatures lurking in your yard or storage shed, as their presence on your property usually means that it is only a matter of time before they move into your home. A rat infestation is not something to be taken lightly. The centuries-long association of rats with disease is no coincidence. These pests carry diseases that can harm pets, livestock, and people.
If you suspect the presence of rats on your property, contact the rodent control experts at Bugout to ensure that your rat problem does not get out of hand. Already infested? Let Bugout rid your property of these dangerous rodent pests before they further damage your property or adversely affect your family’s health.