Tracking The Activity Of Annapolis Termites
Did you know that termites can live undetected on your property for an extended amount of time? They are capable of burrowing deep within the wood structures of your home and can cause significant damage before you even notice they are there. To help combat this, you need to learn how to track the activity of Annapolis termites while also learning the different ways to identify whether or not you may have an infestation.
Signs of an Infestation
You may have an infestation if you notice any of the following signs:
• Your paint is peeling, and it looks like it is from water damage
• Your wood or laminate flooring appears to be buckling
• You have noticed crumbling or damaged wood around the home
• There are maze-like patterns in your floorboards or walls
• There are mud tubes outside on the foundation of the home
• There are small holes in the drywall
• Doors and windows become stuck
• You have found mounds of termite pellets that resemble small piles of salt and pepper
• When you tap on wood around the home, it sounds hollow
If you notice any of these signs, it is time to track the termites down.
Tracking Annapolis Termites
To track down termites, you can use a detector placed within a foot or two of where you believe the termites are feeding. A gas detector can sniff out methane and carbon dioxide. Moisture meters pinpoint areas that have excessive levels of moisture. These areas are more likely to have different termite types.
You can also use a screwdriver to poke around in any holes you find. However, even with these measures, it may be hard to track down Annapolis termites without the help of experts.
As soon as you suspect an Annapolis termite infestation in the home, you need to call in your local extermination company to come out and assess the situation. They can pinpoint where the termites are, the kind of termites, and determine approximately how much damage has been done.
They will also be able to help you find where the termites may have been gaining access to the home so you can take measures to prevent this from happening in the future.
Without proper attention and treatment, Annapolis termites can cause extensive damage to the home and can affect its overall structural integrity. To avoid this dangerous and very costly infestation, it is important to have your home inspected annually because early detection is key.