How Pest Control Services Can Protect You And Your Pets
Fleas, mosquitos, and ticks cause a great deal of discomfort and problems for us during the warmer months of the year. Even more importantly is the fact that they can cause serious health problems for pets, especially cats and dogs. Although fleas and ticks are the primary concern, mosquitos and disease go hand in hand and can cause health problems for your pets. It’s relatively easy to detect any evidence of these blood-suckers. For instance:
- Fleas leave small red bumps on your skin after they have bitten you. With pets, watch for constant chewing or scratching in areas where fleas have been.
- Mosquito bites cause itching, redness, and swelling in the areas of the skin that they bitten. It is more difficult to detect mosquito bites on your pets.
- Ticks secrete a neurotoxin that causes itching and redness. Fortunately, they are usually easy to detect on your pets. However, the ears are a favorite hiding place for ticks.
The greatest concern that pet owners should have with these three insects is the after-effects of their presence on your cat or dog. Here are some of the more critical health concerns:
- Fleas are responsible for transmitting tapeworms in cats and dogs, not so much from their bite, but when the animal ingests them as they try to remove them from their skin. Although tapeworms are not lethal, they can interfere with a kitten’s or puppy’s growth cycle by depriving them of their nutrients during digestion.
- Mosquitos are responsible for transmitting heartworms, a type of roundworm that actually lives in your cat’s or dog’s heart and can damage it as well as the lungs eventually leading to the animal’s death.
- Ticks are known for spreading Lyme disease. While their bite is easily detected on humans, this is not the case where your pets are concerned as their fur hides the evidence. The symptoms are hard to diagnose since they come and go.
BUGOUT Termite and Pest Control, Inc. takes every measure possible to ensure that you pets will be safe when we treat your home for these parasitic insects.
We know that you cat or dog is not just a pet. He or she is a member of your family and deserves the same care, love, and protection as your spouse and children. The primary way in which we help to eliminate fleas, mosquitos, and ticks is by disrupting their life cycles. This is oftentimes difficult to accomplish which is why we recommend ongoing preventative treatment after an infestation has been successfully treated.
Flea, tick, and mosquito control is one of the services that we provide. These parasites are a threat to you, your family members, and most importantly, your pets. Not addressing any infestation issues puts everyone in your household at risk. However, follow-up preventative treatment is imperative if you are going to prevent another infestation from occurring. Don’t put your household at risk. Contact BUGOUT Termite and Pest Control, Inc. today for an evaluation. We will tailor a treatment plan for you that is affordable and effective.