What To Look For When Hiring Pest Control Service In Maryland
If you are thinking about hiring an exterminator to eliminate termites and general pests in Maryland, you may find this task a bit challenging as there are numerous companies located in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, and Howard Counties. When it comes to ridding your personal household of certain pests, you want to be assured of a company’s reputability before hiring them. So it pays to research several companies in order to find one that has the experience as well as the knowledge required to get rid of every type.
The first step to hiring a professional pest control service is to understand what to look for. Granted, you will want to get estimates from 4 to 6 companies before making your decision. More importantly, you should ask each company that you are considering the 5 following questions in order to make a well-informed decision:
- Are they properly insured and licensed? Every state is different where the insuring and licensing of pest control services is concerned. However, the most qualified companies will have technicians that are not only insured to do this work, they have also been professionally educated and trained in pest control equipment and techniques.
- Can each company provide references? Although most reputable companies will have no problem providing you with references from both long-term and recent customers, some will be reluctant to do so. If this is the case with any company, don’t take a chance on their ability to do the work properly.
- Do they use chemicals and pesticides that are safe to use indoors as well as outdoors? A number of companies claim that their products are human and eco-friendly but in reality, they are only trying to land your business. Be sure that you ask for details regarding the chemicals they use and the possibility of any adverse side effects that could occur.
- How long has the company been in business? Not only is it crucial to know how long each company has been operating in the county areas mentioned above, you should inquire about their level of experience. If they have been in business for 20 years or longer, you can safely assume that they have a proven track record and have successfully dealt with a wide range of pest problems in your area in the past.
- Will they provide you with a customer service guarantee? Every consumer service-based company in the marketplace usually has some form of a manufacturer’s warranty on the products they use and a type of customer satisfaction guarantee on the work performed. Whether it involves additional attention if the original service hasn’t worked or a refund clause in the contract, you need to know that you will be compensated or satisfied regardless of the outcome.
As one of the leading pest control services in these Maryland counties, BUGOUT Termite and Pest Control, Inc. has been serving customers in the cities of Annapolis, Arnold, Bowie, Glen Burnie, Catonsville, Columbia, Pasadena, and Severna Park for over 25 years. Please contact us today and schedule an appointment for a thorough home inspection.