Five Indoor Preventative Pest Control Tips To Keep The Bugs Away
Keeping bugs out of your Baltimore home requires a two-fold strategy. First, you need to secure the outside of your home by removing standing water, keeping your landscaping clean, and sealing any cracks, holes, or crevices in your home. Second, you need to take some steps inside your home to make sure you don’t create the conditions bugs love. Here are five preventative pest control measures you can take inside your home.
• Properly Dispose Of Garbage: Bugs love our garbage. It is an attractive and easy source of food. So when you throw things away, make sure to always put them in a sealed trash bin. Also, make sure to take your trash out regularly. The more it piles up, the more pests it will attract.
• Keep Your Kitchen Clean: Pests love our food. The most attractive area of the home for bugs is the kitchen. Keeping your kitchen clean of food debris is a really effective preventative pest control strategy. Make sure to regularly wipe down counters, sweep floors, and seal all your food in airtight containers.
• Vacuum Regularly: Vacuuming your carpetings and area rugs can help pick up pests that are hiding in your flooring. It will also help remove any eggs they lay, as well as feces and egg casings. This is a great way to ensure that pests never get out of control.
• Remove Moisture: Pests thrive in moist areas. This is why bugs are most often found in kitchens, bathrooms, and basement areas. Check your home for any sources of moisture like cracks in your foundation and leaky pipes and roofs. Always use a dehumidifier in areas with a high level of moisture like basements, attics, and crawl spaces. If you find any areas of standing water, look for the source and immediately repair.
• Be Mindful Of Your Pets: Pests love pets. First of all, pests like ticks, bed bugs, and fleas can grab on your pets and come into your home. Secondly, they love pet food and will use your pets water and food bowls as their own source of water and food. Check your pets anytime they come in from the outside for pets and keep the area around their food and water bowls clean.
These tips will help you protect your home from a pest infestation. Sadly, even with preventative pest control, homeowners may still end up with a problem In those cases, it is best to call Maryland’s pest control experts BUGOUT Termite & Pest Control, Inc. Our experts will not only treat your home for pests, they will identify both the indoor and outdoor vulnerabilities that caused the infestation and prevent it from happening again. Give us a call at 410-760-6065 to learn more and get a free quote estimate.