Exterminate Ants And Protect Your Investment
Ants live in colonies. Seeing one in your home might indicate that there are more of them somewhere inside your property. Once ants find their way into your home, they might stay there for good. You might think that you can live with them, but you should be careful because they might not be as innocent as you think. Carpenter ants are as damaging as termites. They tend to nest in wooden parts or the insulation of homes. These insects can cause structural damage if they build their nests near the foundations. To prevent further damage, one can either get rid of them or hire Annapolis exterminators.
The Ant Problem
Ants usually go inside houses to find sources of food and water. Your home is an attractive place to find these sources and protect themselves from predators at the same time. Carpenter ants prefer moist wood. If your home happens to have damp wooden structures, these pests can increase the damage.
Get Rid Of Ants
• As the saying goes, “prevention is better than cure.” Thus, it is best to keep ants away before they even become a problem for you. You can schedule regular inspections and treatments to seal possible entry points.
• Cleanliness is also a great way to keep these pests away. Put food in sealed containers that ants cannot access. Vacuum the floor and spots behind furniture regularly. You should also dispose of your trash properly.
• Check for water damage and repair these immediately to avoid moist surfaces where ants can nest.
• You can set up traps and baits. There are substances that you can use for ant control that are available in your local hardware. However, you should be careful in handling these substances because they can be harmful to humans.
• Hire Annapolis exterminators. Once the ants are already inside your home, it would be hard to make them go away. Store-bought items can kill the ants that you see, but they will not solve an infestation. Professionals know best how to address the problem and keep your home pest-free.
Sometimes, you cannot have 100% success in exterminating pests no matter how hard you try. If you think there is an ant infestation in your Annapolis home, call us immediately. Bugout offers high-quality services that will ensure these damaging ants will not bring problems into your life.