Everything You Need To Know About Bed Bugs
When most homeowners think about the different pests that they may have to manage at their Maryland property, things like rodents, ants, and mosquitoes are often the first things that they think of. But there is a smaller insect that can create just as much chaos in your home – the bedbug.
These tiny insects are not only annoying – they can quickly infest your home in a huge way and create one of the most difficult pest elimination situations that you could face. That’s why understanding more about them and how to spot and deal with them fast is so important.
Bedbugs are tiny insects about the size of an apple seed. They’re nocturnal, and only come out to feed at night. When they do emerge, they feed on human blood. Their small size and nocturnal nature means that they’re often very difficult to spot, but a few tell-tale signs can help you determine if you have a problem:
- You wake up noticing small bites on your body
- You see dark streaks or stains on the bed linens
- You visibly see a bedbug
If any of these issues are present, it’s a sign that you need to start eradicating the bedbugs fast – before their numbers multiply dramatically.
Eradicating The Insects
Being able to spot bedbugs is only step one. You also have to be able to eradicate them from your home – something that’s easier said than done. Bedbugs only come out at night, and they spend most of their time in tiny cracks and crevices. And if only a single egg survives your eradication efforts, it can lead to a re-infestation.
To eliminate bedbugs, a few steps need to be taken:
• First, all linens and cloth items must be removed from the affected room. This includes bedsheets, pillowcases, clothing, plush animals, and even curtains.
• All fabric removed from the room must be washed and dried to kill the bedbugs that may be on them.
• Carpets and rugs should be vacuumed completely, with regular dumping of the vacuum canister.
• Finally, anti-bedbug treatments should be applied to the room to ensure that the pests are truly gone.
Even after this, you’ll need to keep a close eye on the room to ensure bedbugs don’t return. We know it’s one of the most difficult pest problems to control, and that’s why we’re here to help. Contact Bugout today to get rid of bedbugs for good.