Best Tips To Practice Summer Bug Safety
When summer comes, everyone wants to spend more time outdoors. But if you want to enjoy your outside time, you need to keep yourself protected from both the sun and the insects. Sun protection is easy; just apply sunscreen and head to the shade from time to time. If you neglect to apply sunscreen, the worst you’ll end up with is a nasty sunburn. Insect protection is a little bit different; if you forget to take steps to avoid being bitten, the worst you could end up with is one of the multiple diseases that insects can carry. It is time to call the best Baltimore bug control company around.
Take Steps To Avoid Bites
Ticks, mosquitos, and other insects can carry some scary diseases that can make you very sick. Some can even be life-threatening. Our Baltimore bug control company wants you to have a happy and healthy summer, so slather on that sunscreen and follow our advice to avoid insect bites and the diseases they can carry.
• Avoid using heavy perfumes or scented soaps that can attract insects.
• Wear long pants and sleeves to protect your skin anytime you go into the woods or grassy areas.
• Don’t wear clothing in bright colors or floral patterns that can bring on the bees and hornets.
• Treat any bites you get by washing with soap and water. Apply a topical ointment or take Benadryl for itching. If symptoms worsen, contact your doctor.
• Know the signs of an anaphylactic reaction: hives, swelling of the face (tongue, lips), throat tightness, difficulty breathing, faint/lightheadedness, vomiting. If you experience any of these, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Using Insect Repellents For Baltimore Bug Control
Insect repellents and bug sprays are very useful in offering protection against bites and stings. Apply them properly to get the best benefits.
• Always use a product that is EPA tested and approved.
• Follow directions on the label very carefully and apply as advised.
• Make sure to cover exposed areas of the body such as neck, arms, and legs.
• Re-apply as often as necessary.
• Never apply spray to the face, hands, ears, or mouth.
• Do not apply to broken skin or wounds.
• Avoid inhaling the mist as you spray.
Products that contain DEET are highly effective in keeping bugs away. Higher concentrations will keep them away for longer periods, so choose a concentration based on how long you need to protect yourself. Do not use DEET on children under the age of six-months.
When it comes to Baltimore bug control, you might have infestations of insects that require the help of a professional. Keep your family safe this summer, and contact us about any bugs that have made your house or yard their home. We’ll send them packing.