Be Alert For Pests This Winter
Each winter, Maryland residents face the likelihood that pests will find a way into their homes. Unfortunately, many residents do not prepare for these rodents before the winter months, even though they’ve been encouraged to do so. Once inside, these pests can spread disease and wreak havoc on your home. Be alert for these warning signs this winter to help identify a pest problem.
What To Look For
45% of rodent issues occur in the cooler months of fall and winter, according to the National Pest Management Association. What can you look for?
- Gnaw Marks – As rodents chew through wires, wood and walls, they’ll leave noticeable marks.
- Rub Marks – Rats especially have oily fur, and will leave a trail along the floorboards as they run around your home.
- Droppings – A tell-tale sign that you have rodents in your home, droppings are often found where food is stored.
- Nests – If you notice shredded paper products, cotton, shredded fabrics, or other similar items, you should be concerned about a nest. The nest itself may be difficult to find, as rodents prefer dark, secluded spaces.
- Noise – If you hear something running around in your walls or attic, you’re not crazy. There’s a good chance it’s a pest.
Don’t Hesitate If You Notice The Warning Signs Of A Pest Problem
If you are a resident of Anne Arundel County or Baltimore and notice some of the above warning signs, you should not delay in calling the trusted pest experts at BUGOUT. Pest infestations can quickly multiply. The more pests there are, the more difficult they are to remove. Giving BUGOUT a call at the first warning sign will help eliminate a larger infestation. When you need to “Run the Bugs Out,” BUGOUT is here to help. Call (410) 760-6065 for your free pest control consultation today.